To Our Customers:
Since my last note to you on March 10, together we have continued to face unprecedented challenges from the coronavirus crisis. Despite these challenges, I am confident that if we continue to work together, take decisive action, communicate frequently, and most importantly, protect the health and safety of our employees, we will endure and overcome any obstacles.
Below is a summary of our actions and new resources created for you:
- A dedicated customer resource center is now on our website at http://www.unitedrentals.com/COVID19.
- A dedicated email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) is now active for you to submit questions AND your company’s safety and related requirements related to COVID-19.
- You can conduct order and pickup transactions online at unitedrentals.com, or by downloading our new United Rentals Mobile App.
- We have activated our United Rentals Emergency Operations Center (the EOC), our experienced disaster response team focused on the expedited resolution of issues regarding this situation.
- We have taken the following steps to ensure the health and safety of all of us:
- Eliminated large in-person meetings and group gatherings;
- Implemented CDC social distancing requirements;
- Required our sales representatives to request our customers’ advance approval to meet in person at offices or jobsites;
- Waived signature requirements on the handheld devices used by our drivers and within our branches for transactions at the counter; and
- Suspended United Academy instructor-led, in-person classroom training and focused on online offerings.
- We have taken the following operational actions:
- Implemented structured processes to notify you in the event of branch closures;
- Cleaned our fleet, and ensured its rental readiness; and
- Ensured your sales representatives are fully prepared to support your special business needs as a result of the COVID-19 situation, including portable restrooms, showers, generators, and climate systems, and more.
Once again, thank you all for your commitment, partnership, and valued business during this challenging time. We will continue to provide you updates and, together, we will get through the COVID-19 situation.
CEO & President