To Our Customers:
As a valued part of the United Rentals family, I appreciate the trust you place in us and our people wherever we do business together. In the current environment, it’s important for all of us to monitor the rapidly-evolving situation involving the coronavirus or COVID-19, so I thought it would be helpful to provide an update on how we are handling the situation at United Rentals.
First and foremost, safety is always our first priority at United Rentals – it’s part of our core values, and a shared value with our customers, vendors and partners. Therefore, out of an abundance of caution, we have taken the following steps to address COVID-19:
- We have asked any employee not feeling well to stay at home and consult with their doctor and with us;
- We have adopted a “no hand-shake policy;”
- We have limited business travel to only that essential to operating our business, and to conduct meetings by phone or video wherever possible;
- Employees who have traveled for business or personal reasons to any high-risk coronavirus area, have had family members who have done so, and/or who have been in proximity to anyone suspected of having or confirmed with the virus within the last 14 days, to self-isolate at home for the next 14 days;
- We have communicated with our suppliers and partners these policies and asked them to apply similar guidance to their employees who might visit United Rentals offices or branch locations.
We have also provided information to our employees to leverage official government websites such as https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html and https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html for the latest guidance on personal hygiene and the COVID-19 situation.
If you are visiting United Rentals, we welcome you to our locations. Thank you for joining our “no hand-shake” environment, and we ask that you or any of your employees take similar precautions as our United Rentals employees, including setting aside visit plans if you’ve been ill or if you or a family member have visited high-risk virus areas. We also thank you for understanding that our employees may not attend previously scheduled meetings or events during this rapidly evolving situation.
Lastly, as our delivery drivers and service technicians visit your locations to service or drop off/pick up equipment, please let us know if there any specific unique instructions or policies your company may have put in place for COVID-19 so that we can be best prepared to cooperate with your employees and policies.
While some of these precautionary measures may seem inconvenient, they are being taken out of an abundance of caution to keep you all safe. It is presently unclear how long these restrictions will remain in place, but we will continue to communicate regularly as the situation evolves. Thank you all once again for your understanding and commitment during this challenging time. Should you have any questions or concerns, please direct them to CovidCustomerQuestions@ur.com or contact your United Rentals representative.
CEO & President